I made a small spelling error on my name in my tax return what do i do?

I made a small spelling error when i was doing my 06 tax return and it has been already accepted by the IRS. Will i still get my check? Will i have future problems?

as long as the SS number is correct and the name is close, the IRS doesn't care about the spelling on the tax return. If the refund check is misspelled, but close enough, it surely can be deposited into your bank account.
Make sure the name is correct on the Social Security records. If all is O.K. then you can relax. The IRS goes by SS number first. If the SS records are not correct..contact SS office and take them a certified copy of your birth cert. and have the records corrected.(you can get a certified copy from the county clerk where you were born..they will mail a certified copy to you (for a fee)
My accountant 2 years ago spelled my last name wrong on my tax return and I still received my check. Just correct it in 07. (I don't use that accountant anymore...)
More Questions & Answers...
  • How to get irp files and transcripts from the irs on my own-cpa's want to charge small fortune?
  • A question for CPA's-certified public accountants?
  • State : Neither Samaritan Nor Solomon ?? Mises?
  • Is this a ligit email?
  • What is today's job demand and availability for CPA's + CISA?
  • Claimed wrong amount on taxes?
  • Help i have x-husband tax problems!??
  • Think i'm in trouble?
  • The questions and answers post by the user, for information only, AnswersRoom.com does not guarantee the right
    Copyright © 2007-2009 AnswersRoom.com -   Terms of Use -   Contact us

    Hot Topic