Why do libs avoid President Bush's Accomplishments?
Spotted at Rightnation.us and GOPUSA.com reprinted here for your pleasure. I encourage people who support Bush to learn how effective our President has been, and liberals ought to browse this too. Just remember, the liberal media can't cover up the truth of his accomplishments. The Bush Administration 2001-2004
Abortion & Traditional Values
1. Banned Partial Birth Abortion — by far the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade. 2. Reversed Clinton's move to strike Reagan's anti-abortion Mexico Policy. 3. By Executive Order (EO), reversed Clinton's policy of not requiring parental consent for abortions under the Medical Privacy Act. 4. By EO, prohibited federal funds for international family planning groups that provide abortions and related services. 5. Upheld the ban on abortions at military hospitals. 6. Made $33 million available for abstinence education programs in 2004. 7. Supports the Defense of Marriage Act — and a Constitutional amendment saying marriage is between one man and one woman. 8. Requires states to conduct criminal background checks on prospective foster and adoptive parents. 9. Requires districts to let students transfer out of dangerous schools. 10. Requires schools to have a zero-tolerance policy for classroom disruption (reintroducing discipline into classrooms). 11. Signed the Teacher Protection Act, which protects teachers from lawsuits related to student discipline. 12. Expanded the role of faith-based and community organizations in after-school programs.
Budget, Taxes & Economy
1. Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history. 2. Supports permanent elimination of the death tax. 3. Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks. 4. Is seeking legislation to amend the Constitution to give the president line-item veto authority. 5. In process of permanently eliminating IRS marriage penalty. 6. Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people. 7. Initiated discussion on privatizing Social Security and individual investment accounts. 8. Killed Clinton's "ergonomic" rules that OSHA was about to implement; rules would have shut down every home business in America. 9. Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals. 10. Reduced taxes on dividends and capital gains. 11. Signed trade promotion authority. 12. Reduced and is working to ultimately eliminate the estate tax for family farms and ranches. 13. Fight Europe's ban on importing biotech crops from the United States. 14. Exempt food from unilateral trade sanctions and embargoes. 15. Provided $20 million to states to help people with disabilities work from home. 16. Created a fund to encourage technologies that help the disabled. 17. Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child. 18. Make permanent the $5,000 adoption tax credit and provide $1 billion over five years to increase the credit to $10,000. 19. Grant a complete tax exemption for prepaid or college tuition savings plans. 20. Reduced H1B visas from a high of 195,000 per year to 66,000 per year.
Character & Conduct as President
1. Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency. 2. Has reintroduced the mention of God and faith into public discourse. 3. Handled himself with enormous courage, dignity, grace, determination, and leadership in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 hijackings and anthrax attacks. He almost single-handedly held this country together during those searing days:
Just three days after the attacks, in his address at the National Cathedral, the President reassured the nation when he said: "War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder. This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger. This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others. It will end in a way, and at an hour, of our choosing."
On Friday, September 14, 2001, President Bush visited Ground Zero. Standing on a crushed and burned fire engine atop the smoldering pile at Ground Zero, he put his arm around a retired firefighter who had volunteered to help, and began speaking to the crowd. Rescue workers shouted that they could not hear him. Someone handed him a small American flag and bullhorn. The President spontaneously shouted: "I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon." The crowd roared with cheers and chants of "USA! USA! USA!" Then he raised that American flag and rallied a nation.
Education & Employment Training
1. Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation (challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations). The very liberal California Teachers union is currently running radio ads against the accountability provisions of this Act. 2. Announced "Jobs for the 21st Century," a comprehensive plan to better prepare workers for jobs in the new millennium by strengthening post-secondary education and job training, and by improving high school education. 3. Is working to provide vouchers to low-income students in persistently failing schools to help with costs of attending private schools. (Blocked in the Senate.) 4. Requires annual reading and math tests in grades three through eight. 5. Requires states to participate in the National Assessment of Education Progress, or an equivalent program, to establish a national benchmark for academic performance. 6. Requires school-by-school accountability report cards. 7. Established a $2.4 billion fund to help states implement teacher accountability systems. 8. Increased funding for the Troops-to-Teachers program, which recruits former military personnel to become teachers.
Environment & Energy
1. Killed the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty. 2. Submitted a comprehensive Energy Plan (awaits Congressional action). The plan works to develop cleaner technology, produce more natural gas here at home, make America less dependent on foreign sources of energy, improve national grid, etc. 3. Established a $10 million grant program to promote private conservation initiatives. 4. Significantly eased field-testing controls of genetically engineered crops. 5. Changed parts of the Forestry Management Act to allow necessary cleanup of the national forests in order to reduce fire danger. 6. Part of national forests cleanup: Restricted judicial challenges (based on the Endangered Species Act and other challenges), and removed the need for an Environmental Impact Statement before removing fuels/logging to reduce fire danger. 7. Killed Clinton's CO2 rules that were choking off all of the electricity surplus to California. 8. Provided matching grants for state programs that help private landowners protect rare species.
Defense & Foreign Policy
1. Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom. 2. Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured. 3. Leader by leader and member by member, al Maida is being hunted down in dozens of countries around the world. Of the senior al Qaeda leaders, operational managers, and key facilitators the U.S. Government has been tracking, nearly two-thirds have been taken into custody or killed. The detentions or deaths of senior al Qaeda leaders, including Khalid Shaykh Muhammad, the mastermind of 9/11, and Muhammad Atef, Osama bin Laden's second-in-command until his death in late 2001, have been important in the War on Terror. 4. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed. 5. Continues to execute the War On Terror, getting worldwide cooperation to track funds/terrorists. Has cut off much of the terrorists' funding, and captured or killed many key leaders of the al Qaeda network. 6. Initiated a comprehensive review of our military, which was completed just prior to 9/11/01, and which accurately reported that ASYMMETRICAL WARFARE capabilities were critical in the 21st Century. 7. Killed the old US/Soviet Union ABM Treaty that was preventing the U.S. from deploying our ABM defenses. 8. Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency. 9. Part of the coalition for an Israeli/Palestinian "Roadmap to Peace," along with Great Britain, Russia and the EU. 10. Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year. 11. Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia. 12. Started withdrawing our troops from Bosnia, and has announced withdrawal of our troops from Germany and the Korean DMZ. 13. Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command. 14. Paid back UN dues only in return for reforms and reduction of U.S. share of the costs. 15. Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry. 16. Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006. 17. Ordered a comprehensive review of military weapons and strategy. 18. Ordered a review of overseas deployments. 19. Ordered renovation of military housing. The military has already upgraded about 10 percent of its inventory and expects to modernize 76,000 additional homes this year. 20. Is working to tighten restrictions on military-technology exports. 21. Brought back our EP-3 intel plane and crew from China without any bribes or bloodshed.
Globalization & Internationalism
1. Challenged the United Nations to live up to their responsibilities and not become another League of Nations (in other words, showed the UN to be completely irrelevant). 2. Killed U.S. involvement in the International Criminal Court. 3. Told the United Nations we weren't interested in their plans for gun control (i.e., the International Ban on Small Arms Trafficking Treaty).* 4. The only President since the founding of the UN to essentially tell that organization it is irrelevant. He said: "The conduct of the Iraqi regime is a threat to the authority of the United Nations, and a threat to peace. Iraq has answered a decade of UN demands with a decade of defiance. All the world now faces a test, and the United Nations a difficult and defining moment. Are Security Council resolutions to be honored and enforced, or cast aside without consequence? Will the United Nations serve the purpose of its founding, or will it be irrelevant?" We all know the outcome and the answer. 5. Told the Congress and the world, "America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our country."
1. Improved government efficiency by putting hundreds of thousands of jobs put up for bid. This weakens public-sector unions and cuts undeserved pay raises. 2. Initiated review of all federal agencies with the goal of eliminating federal jobs (completed September 2003) in an effort to reduce the size of the federal government while increasing private sector jobs. 3. Led the most extensive reorganization the Federal bureaucracy in over 50 years: After 9/11, condensed 20+ overlapping agencies and their intelligence sectors into one agency, the Department of Homeland Security.* 4. Ordered each agency to draft a five-year plan to restructure itself, with fewer managers. 5. Converted federal service contracts to performance-based contracts wherever possible so that the contractor has measurable performance goals.
1. Strengthen the National Health Service Corps to put more physicians in the neediest areas, and make its scholarship funds tax-free. 2. Double the research budget of the National Institutes of Health. 3. Signed Medicare Reform, which includes:
A 10-year privatization option.
Prescription drug benefits: Prior to this reform, Medicare paid for extended hospital stays for ulcer surgery, for example, at a cost of about $28,000 per patient. Yet Medicare would not pay for the drugs that eliminate the cause of most ulcers, drugs that cost about $500 a year. Now, drug coverage under Medicare will allow seniors to replace more expensive surgeries and hospitalizations with less expensive prescription medicine.
More health care choices: As President Bush stated, "…when seniors have the ability to make choices, health care plans within Medicare will have to compete for their business by offering higher quality service [at lower cost]. For the seniors of America, more choices and more control will mean better health care. These are the kinds of health care options we give to the members of Congress and federal employees. What's good for members of Congress is also good for seniors.
New Health Savings Accounts: Effective January 1, 2004, Americans can set aside up to $4,500 every year, tax free, to save for medical expenses. Depending on your tax bracket, that means you'll save between 10 to 35 percent on any costs covered by money in your account. Every year, the money not spent would stay in the account and gain interest tax-free, just like an IRA. These accounts will be good for small business owners, and employees. More businesses can focus on covering workers for major medical problems, such as hospitalization for an injury or illness. At the same time, employees and their families will use these accounts to cover doctors visits, or lab tests, or other smaller costs. Some employers will contribute to employee health accounts. This will help more American families get the health care they need at the price they can afford.
Homeland Security, Border Enforcement & Immigration
1. *See Government Reform above. Under President Bush's leadership, America has made an unprecedented commitment to homeland security. 2. Has CONSTRUCTION in process on the first 10 ABM silos in Alaska so that America will have a defense against North Korean nukes. Has ordered national and theater ballistic missile defenses to be deployed by 2004. 3. Announced a 9.7% increase in government-wide homeland security funding in his FY 2005 budget, nearly tripling the FY 2001 levels (excluding the Department of Defense and Project BioShield). 4. Before DHS was created, there were inspectors from three different agencies of the Federal Government and Border Patrol officers protecting our borders. Through DHS, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) now consolidates all border activities into a single agency to create "one face at the border." This not only better secures the borders of the United States, but it also eliminates many of the inefficiencies that occurred under the old system. With over 18,000 CBP inspectors and 11,000 Border Patrol agents, CBP has 29,000 uniformed officers on our borders. 5. The Border Patrol is continuing installation of monitoring devices along the borders to detect illegal activity. 6. Launched Operation Tarmac to investigate businesses and workers in the secure areas of domestic airports and ensure immigration law compliance. Since 9/11, DHS has audited 3,640 businesses, examined 259,037 employee records, arrested 1,030 unauthorized workers, and participated in the criminal indictment of 774 individuals. 7. Since September 11, 2001, the Coast Guard has conducted more than 124,000 port security patrols, 13,000 air patrols, boarded more than 92,000 vessels, interdicted over 14,000 individuals attempting to enter the United States illegally, and created and maintained more than 90 Maritime Security Zones. 8. Announced the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), an internet-based system that is improving America's ability to track and monitor foreign students and exchange visitors. Over 870,000 students are registered in SEVIS. Of 285 completed field investigations, 71 aliens were arrested. 9. This week, the US-VISIT program began to digitally collect biometric identifiers to record the entry and exit of aliens who travel into the U.S on a visa. Together with the standard information, this new program will confirm compliance with visa and immigration policies. 10. Eliminated INS bureaucratic redundancies and lack of accountability. 11. Split the Immigration and Naturalization Service into two agencies: one to protect the border and interior, the other to deal with naturalization. 12. Signed the workplace verification bill to prevent hiring of illegal aliens. 13. Established a six-month deadline for processing immigration applications. 14. Information regarding nearly 100% of all containerized cargo is carefully screened by DHS before it arrives in the United States. Higher risk shipments are physically inspected for terrorist weapons and contraband prior to being released from the port of entry. Advanced technologies are being deployed to identify warning signs of chemical, biological, or radiological attacks. Since September 11, 2001, hundreds of thousands of first responders across America have been trained to recognize and respond to the effects of a WMD attack.
Judiciary & Tort Reform
1. Is urging federal liability reform to eliminate frivolous lawsuits. 2. Killed the liberal ABA's unconstitutional role in vetting federal judges. The Senate is supposed to advise and consent, not the ABA. 3. Is nominating strong, conservative judges to the judiciary. 4. Supports class action reform bill which limits lawyer fees so that more settlement money goes to victims.
1. His leadership resulted in Republican gains in the House and Senate, solidifying Republican control of both houses of Congress and the presidency. 2. Signed an EO enforcing the Supreme Court's Beck decision regarding union dues being used for political campaigns against individual's wishes.
1. Ordered Attorney General Ashcroft to formally notify the Supreme Court that the OFFICIAL U.S. government position on the 2nd Amendment is that it supports INDIVIDUAL rights to own firearms, and is NOT a Leftist-imagined "collective" right. 2. Signed TWO bills into law that arm our pilots with handguns in the cockpit. 3. Currently pushing for full immunity from lawsuits for our national gun manufacturers. 4. *See Globalization & Internationalism.
Traditional Values, Compassion & Volunteerism
1. Endorses and promotes "The Responsibility Era." President Bush often speaks of the necessity of personal responsibility and civic volunteerism. He said, "In a compassionate society, people respect one another and take responsibility for the decisions they make in life. My hope is to change the culture from one that has said, if it feels good, do it; if you've got a problem, blame somebody else — to one in which every single American understands that he or she is responsible for the decisions that you make; you're responsible for loving your children with all your heart and all your soul; you're responsible for being involved with the quality of the education of your children; you're responsible for making sure the community in which you live is safe; you're responsible for loving your neighbor, just like you would like to be loved yourself." 2. Started the USA Freedom Corps, the most comprehensive clearinghouse of volunteer opportunities ever offered. For the first time in history, Americans can enter geographic information about where they want to get involved, such as state or zip code, as well as areas of interest ranging from education to the environment, and they can access volunteer opportunities offered by more than 50,000 organizations across the country and around the world. 3. Established the The White House Office and the Centers for the Faith-Based and Community Initiative — located in seven Federal agencies. The faith-based initiative supports the essential work of these important organizations. The goal is to make sure that grassroots leaders can compete on an equal footing for federal dollars, receive greater private support, and face fewer bureaucratic barriers. Work focuses on at-risk youth, ex-offenders, the homeless and hungry, substance abusers, those with HIV/AIDS, and welfare-to-work families. 4. The White House released a guidebook fully describing the Administration's belief that faith-based groups have a Constitutionally-protected right to maintain their religious identity through hiring — even when Federal funds are involved. 5. Issued an EO implementing the Supreme Court's Olmstead ruling, which requires moving disabled people from institutions to community-based facilities when possible. 6. Increased funding for low-interest loan programs to help people with disabilities purchase devices to assist them. 7. Revised the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Section 8 rent subsidies to disabled people, permitting them to use up to a year's worth of vouchers to finance down payments on homes. HUD has started pilot programs in 11 states. 8. Committed US funds to purchase medicine for millions of men, women and children now suffering with AIDS in Africa. 9. Heeding the words of our own Declaration of Independence, the president laid out the non-negotiable demands of human dignity for all people everywhere. On January 29, 2002, he said, "No nation owns these aspirations, and no nation is exempt from them. We have no intention of imposing our culture. But America will always stand firm for the non-negotiable demands of human dignity." As stated by the President, they are a virtual manifesto of conservative principles:
Freedom of Speech
Limited Government Power
Private Property Rights
Respect for Women
Rule of Law
Great post! Libs quake at the thought of people who do things the right way.
If they did they would have to agree that President Bush was the greatest President this nation has ever had.
Because it make them look bad.
I am George Bush and here are my real accomplishments as President:
I attacked and invaded two countries so far, losing more US soldiers after I claimed "Mission Accomplished" than the total number who were killed during full combat operations in both wars combined.
o I spent the largest surplus in the history of the country and nearly bankrupted the treasury.
o I shattered records for the biggest annual deficit in history.
o Set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in a 12 month cycle of any presidency, beating the previous record which was set during the depression years.
o Set all-time record for biggest loss of value in the history of the stock market during any presidency ($5 Trillion drop equalling a 27% drop in investor stock portfolios from the date of my inauguration).
o First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
o First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
o First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history and continued that practice throughout my term in office.
o On August 6th, with plenty of time available to prevent or thwart the predicted attack, I received a Presidential Daily Briefing entitled, "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike Inside The US" and later claimed that "I never saw any intelligence that indicated there was going to be an attack on America", and due to my charm and excellent public speaking skills, I made the press and the people believe me instead of the facts.
o After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history, the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center, and sat calmly expressing strength, bravery and reserve for at least 7 minutes during the attack, standing sure and certain, strong as a rock, while almost 3,000 American people died.
o Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips on Air Force 1 than any other president in US history.
o I approved and allowed my Saudi friends to traverse the country, hopping from airport to airport, and fly to Saudi Arabia. This was while the rest of the country was in fear of its life after several Saudis perpetrated the worst crime in the history of the United States. (9/11)
o In my first three years in office over 3.3 million Americans lost their jobs, so I asked for another $550,000,000,000 (that's $550 Billion) in tax cuts because they're obviously working.
o Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
o Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
o Set the record for the fewest amount of solo press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
o Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when ENRON corruption was revealed and many states faced bankruptcy.
o Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national strategic oil reserves to alleviate the crisis. Instead I filled up the reserves while the prices were high. (I treat my friends well)
o Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans while posing on aircraft carriers in a flgiht suit and despite praising the troops at every opportunity.
o Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches)...
o Dissolved or abandoned more international treaties than any president in US history.
o My presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history, surpassing the secrecy of the Nixon administration at its darkest moments.
o Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice had a Chevron oil tanker named after her)
o First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously reach the point of insolvency.
o Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud (ENRON, WorldCom, Global Crossing) of any market in any country in the history of the world.
o First president in US history to order an illegal, unilateral and unprovoked attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
o First president in US history to start a war against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
o Created the largest new government bureaucracy (Department of Homeland Security) in the history of the United States.
o Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
o First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.
o First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
o Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
o I ignored the United Nations demands and requirements pursuant to international law and warfare.
o I have systematically eroded the civil liberties of American citizens more than at any other time in US history.
o I have promoted and passed landmark laws making sweeping new surveillance activities, spying, arrest, imprisonment, interrogation, and obtained the power to order the death of any person, without cause or due process.
o I disregard states rights when it suits me, but I ran for office on a platform that holds states rights above federal rights. In fact, I got into office by having the US Supreme Court operate out of its own jurisdiction and trample all over the sovereignty of the State of Florida.
o I've imprisoned more sick people for growing and smoking medicinal Cannabis than any other president, in violation of states rights, of course, and against the wishes of the states and local voters.
o My attorney General, John Ashcroft is encouraged to, and always prevents, anyone charged with a medicinal Cannabis crime in a Federal court from using the defense that the majority of voters approved the activities in the case before the court and that the alleged 'crime' was in fact perfectly legal activity and a well regarded resource for sick people in the state where it occurred.
o Withdrew from the World Court (Permanent Court of International Justice) and I refuse to recognize it unless it gives my administration, the US and global corporations special immunity so that the US can continue to torture and kill anyone in the world with complete impunity.
o Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and refused to abide by the Geneva Conventions regarding prisoners of war by cleverly classifying them as "enemy combatants", thereby allowing us to circumvent the Geneva Conventions.
o I was the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
o I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
o My personal friend and biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation). Kenny Lay was charged with several crimes, indicted by a grand jury, and will stand trial but he'll get off; he's just like me, innocent of all charges.
o Spent more money on polls and focus groups in the first two years of my presidenct than any president in US history, despite claiming throughout my candidacy that I would not use polling data.
o First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
o First US president to establish a secret shadow government, and I did this without the knowledge or participation of the oppostion parties in congress.
o Squandered world sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
o With a policy of 'disengagement' and open public support for alleged war criminal, Ariel Sharon, allowed and condoned the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
o First US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view the US as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
o First US president in history to have the people of South Korea feel more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
o Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
o Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
o Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Usama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.
o Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building - my Attorney General is more interested in Louisiana prostitutes, paraplegic pot smokers, dancing kids and glass pipe salesmen than in capturing terrorists.
o Captured Saddam Hussein only after spending billions of dollars, using the entire armed forces and at the cost of over 400 American lives and 2000 wounded soldiers, most of them missing limbs, deaf or blinded.
o In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented, stalled, diverted or spiked any real public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States. Additionally, I failed to capture any of the masterminds or people responsible for the attacks.
o In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.
o Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category into a sharply downward trend.
o Did nothing about the failing US power grid during the first two years of my presidency, despite repeated warnings, and later presided over the largest total power blackout in US history that incapacitated several states and part of Canada.
o In order to prevent financing abortions in China, I cut off all $34 million of aid to the U.N. Population Fund, which was also used to provide medical care to pregnant teenagers with defective pregnancies who will now die or walk around trailing urine and feces for the rest of their lives unless voluntary charitable help is found.
o I proposed removing overtime pay for millions of Americans despite the pay cut being overwhelmingly opposed by the public and Congress, and I will continue my union busting agenda as long as I'm the Commander in Chief.
o A detailed record of my envronmental accomplishments is available at this link: http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/...
o A detailed record of mine and my cabinet's history of service in the armed forces during times of war is available at this link: http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html...
o I passed a Medicare bill that will gut Medicare, sends billions of dollars to my campaign contributors, big pharma, and will increase the cost of medical care and prescriptions to the elderly.
What a bunch of bullsh*t
YOU CONSIDER THOSE ACCOMPLISHMENTS?!?! MORE LIKE RESTRICTING PERSONAL FREEDOMS!
28% is the eqivalent to all of what you wrote.
I think it's mostly because of the Iraq war and the fact that most of the things you list are bad for the country, not accomplishments.
well, a better question would be... why does everyone seem to avoid them...
and the answer would be... they are GREATLY over exagerated...as you prove...
as MOST of the things you mention are things he "wants to do" or "supports"... yeah, real impressive to support something that you have no control over...
not to mention the blatant lies... sucessfully executed two wars? in who's mind?
People want everything to be black or white--including Bush. There can be no shades of gray for them. It would shake their belief system to have to admit that Bush did anything good.
Great points, my friend.
Narrow mindedness. If you don't agree with them on everything they won't give you credit for being right about anything. Both sides need to work on this.
because his failures outway his accomplishments by a long shot. he is a closed minded president who isnt open to any new ideas
1. Bush didn't ban partial birth abortion the supreme court did. They were leaning towards that before the two new appointees so how does Bush get credit for that?
2. I must of missed all the honor and dignity being restored, I was too busy thinking about the lying, cheating and general bad information that his administration puts out. I've been evaluating the loss of respect from other nations also.
3. The only president to authorize tax cuts at a time of war. Our deficit has what, tripled?
4. He must promote plagiarism also if you copied the entire article from another site.
5. I don't support the jobs up for bid because we all know how that works.
6. No Child Left Behind has been reported as a failure in even Texas.
7. What freedom of speech? Everyone that contradicts or questions him is a traitor, doesn't love America or sides with the terrorist.
8. Limited Gov't Power?? Have you read the Patriot Act or listened when they talked about wire tapping?
9. There is just too much there for me to attack.
I will be happy to recognize something Bush does right as soon as I find something.
Well, without reading the whole thing, it's just a fact that the Dems hate President Bush. They would hate any Rep president, no matter who it was.
An "accomplishment" to one person can be a failure to someone else. Particularly suspect are Bush's "accomplishments" lost in a fog of ultra-patriotism (e.g., the great accomplishment of removing Saddham Hussein from Iraq but leaving Iraq a completely unsecured quagmire unable to govern itself while U.S. troops continue to die on a daily basis).
You see neocon, an accomplishment is a relative term, but there is truth out there. A long list of relative accomplishments is pitiful, but it takes that kind of polish to make a bad president look good. Unlike Bush and his fellow liars who support the U.S. becoming a police state with military enforcement of no dissent, there are honest Americans who know just how badly Bush's illegal rise to power has hurt America.
Only about 30% of the nation approve of the job he is doing, so it is not only Liberals that dislike him. Conservatives by the bunches are seriously dissapointed.
At the recent Republican candidates debate from Simi Valley former President Reagan's name was mentioned about 25 times. The candidates mentioned George W. Bush 1 time. They also mentioned Saddam and Osama Bin Laden 1 time each...
And when will people quit with the Libs this, Cons that... we are all Americans and are way more alike than we are different. Don't let the politicians and pundits split us!
Ummm... Bush has been an abject failure.
He expanded the government
He eroded civil rights
He ran up the LARGEST debt in history
And he invaded a nation over a lie, thereby getting thousands of American soldiers killed.
Hell of a guy.
And I'm a Goldwater Conservative. Not one of those Neo-Con loons, mind, but a real living, breathing Conservative.
Bush is a joke, and the Neo-Cons have to go if the Republican party is ever going to regain its credibility.
Because he didn't have any.
Banned Partial Birth Abortion - Ooh big accomplishment! Most docs wouldn't do them anyway.
Signed two income tax cuts, - That's a good thing? The war is driving us bankrupt. We need the tax dollars.
Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency. - But got us into a war based on his interpretation of intelligence that wasn't there & blames everyone else for the failures. He has tried to set up a War-Czar, but every general he approaches runs screaming. Really diginified actions!
Has reintroduced the mention of God and faith into public discourse. - But there is that little matter of the seperation of church and state.
Handled himself with enormous courage, dignity, grace, determination, and leadership in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 hijackings and anthrax attacks. - Okay how would you think any other Prez would have reacted. He did his job. GREAT!
Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation. - Umm.. Education is a local matter. He created the legislation then didn't fund the programs. Outstanding leadership!
Killed the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty. - So what! It wouldn't have worked anyway. Economics wouldn't allow it.
Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom. - However, it cost the majority in both houses of congress. And the Iraqis can't walk the streets safely. Hell even Sadam guaranteed that!
Challenged the United Nations to live up to their responsibilities and not become another League of Nations (in other words, showed the UN to be completely irrelevant). -Do you unified the world agaist us?
Improved government efficiency by putting hundreds of thousands of jobs put up for bid. - Umm.. I work w/ govt contractors. They are lazy and always fighting. Not to mention the fact contracts NEVER come in at or under budget.
I'd continue, but I need to go work on my gf's condo.
Because the liberals can't stand the fact that he IS president.
It all goes back to the election of 2000. The liberal's lackey, Al Gore, was supposed to win the election. When he blew what should have been a walk in the park, campaign, the liberals all but swore a sollem vow not to cooperate with anything regarding the "evil" Republican agenda. The toadie press has, of course, gone along with this the whole time. I have found it tragically amusing that the very same people who control that which is laughingly referred to as "Public Education", are the very same ones who are so very willing to promote the myth that the President is elected by the popular vote. Another liberal lie. 9/11 shut them up for a little while, until they had the courage to come out of hiding, and once again, slowly, inexorably, the hate campaign began again. Notice how the propaganda has morphed over time.
Once, there was no proof of Saddam's WMDs, despite the fact that the entire U.N. security counsel had intelligences to the contrarey. Then, after a very percursory inspection, Hans Blikz determines that there are NO LONGER any WMDs to be found. All the while, Saddam has been moving what was left of his arsenal, with the help of Russian operatives, to
Syria, under the guise of "flood relief". The "fair and unbiased press" of ours refuses to make any of this known. The lie now becomes "he doesn't have any WMDs" and so the war in Iraq is based on a lie. Do I need to say anything about the first gulf war? The lie is also perpetuated that Saddam never did anything to warrant his overthrow. Let us remember that after invading a U.S. ally, (Kuwait) if you've forgotten, Oh that's right, they were prosperous so they don't count, He also attacked both Saudi Arabia, and Isreal with scud and scud II missiles that were bought from-- North Korea. Still, the lie persists and grows that there is no justification for the action being taken. We ARE being lied to. But it is the liberal-left, and the obedient shills of the press that are doing the lying.
Need I remind you that it is the left that frames the debate along paralells of Vietnam? Remember that Vietnam was not lost over there, it was lost over here.
If you believe all of this, I have a bridge I want to sell you.
More Questions & Answers...