Online MBA degree vs Part time MBA degree in the U.S?
From my spouse's and friends' experiences, I'd recommend a part-time MBA program over an online program.
1. A part-time program allows you to meet other students and teachers face to face. You can build friendships and network more effectively.
2. There are many schools that offer a part-time MBA and these schools often have regional influence that lend weight to your degree.
3. An online degree is seen as a high-tech equivalent of the old correspondence course and may not result in getting a better job and higher pay as quickly.
4. You need to evaluate your learning style and level of self-discipline. Some core classes, such as finance and statistics, might better to study in a classroom environment where you can interact with the teacher directly. You also might benefit from having to be accountable to people you see on a regular basis.
5. Success in the workplace is dependent on one's ability to work well with others. A part-time MBA program would give you the opportunity to hone your skills as a team player.
Try a part time one.
One of the important benefits of MBA programs is that you network with others. You can also network with alumni from your MBA school - these connections matter. Online MBA programs will not give you these social networks.
Speaking as a college professor who teaches both on-campus and online, let me say that there's no beating classroom training!
Online classes are OK, but an entire degree done online just doesn't carry as much clout. Why not? Because with online training, a professor cannot actually say that YOU were the one who did the work and knows your stuff. For all I know, you can have someone sitting there beside you simply feeding you the answers.
But with classroom training, I can actually see YOU doing it, and can vouch for your mastery of the material. This carries more weight and tells an employer that YOU really do know your stuff.
So if you have a choice, I would definitely opt for the part-time M.B.A. program.
Online MBA's are considered jokes by most companies. The name behind you MBA means a lot (a lot more than it should). The finance industry is known for being "degree snobs".
check out online degree guide @ http://go4onlinedegree.googlepages.com/...
Hope it's helpful for you
More Questions & Answers...